Monday, March 14, 2011

Weekend Things

So I know I haven't posted in a long time. Been very busy with the boys and so many Birthday's this past week!

For starters, I baked a cream cheese pound cake for my friend Jodine, who is expecting her first child in August yay. Anyway, I knew she loved Mrs. Field's cookies, so I wasn't going to bake cookies from scratch, just the pound cake. I layered the bottom with Mrs. Field's chocolate chip cookies, then a layer of pound cake, another layer of cookies and topped it off with a layer of pound cake. Of course adding home made butter-cream frosting in between. It was a lot of fun to make and decorate. It's not professional looking, but I'm getting some practice.

Side picture with nibblers for decoration.


Next, I baked a chocolate chip double layer cookie for our friend Ralphy's Birthday. This time I baked a cookie from scratch. I was in a bit of a hurry because it was decided last minute to make a cake, so I just grabbed the recipe from the bag of Nestle's chocolate chips. I didn't really think of how to decorate this one, but I just went with a color theme. Our friend, Ralphy, is a Raider's fan so I just went with the Raiders color theme. Then my husband came home and said, "You should have made it a Charger's color theme!" LOL. I totally blanked it would have been hilarious to make a Chargers's color theme cake for him. Anyway, this one is not professional either, but I'm working on it.

Last minute cookie cake.

I know the handwritting is a bit uneven and ugly, but keep in mind I was in a hurry. =)

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think? I would love to hear your thoughts =)