Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Tropical - Blues, Green and Beige (tutorial)


Since summer is coming and the weather has been semi nice (I say that because the weather in Southern California has been pretty funky lately), I wanted to do a Tropical look with some blues, green and beige. It might be a little dark for some of you guys, but don't forget that I am really tan so I do opt to go a wee bit darker. I also like to use shimmery eye shadows because they work best with my skin tone. So check out below for a tutorial. Enjoy!

Step One:
I always have my eye brows defined in the first step, force of habit. Primer first, here I used E.L.F.'s Eyelid Primer. Then I went ahead and used the Beige/Goldish color and a Medium Blue color  from my 1st Edition BH Cosmetics palette. 




Step Two:
BLEND! This is where you blend your Beige and Blue colors. Once you're satisfied, add in the Green color and BLEND. Notice how I didn't cover up my Beige color? I went about 1/4 of the way from the inner corner of my eye and applied green all the way to the edge of my eye. You can also use your finger to blend. Again all of these colors are from my 1st Edition BH Cosmetics Palette.




Step Three:
Now, once you've blended your medium blue, green and beige, add a Darker shade of blue to the outer corner of your eye and blend about half way through your crease. Here I used more of a dark green blue color. Very pretty color, again from my 1st Edition BH Cosmetics palette.




Step Four:
Add your highlight color under your eye brows. Here I used Avon's mineral in Bronze Stone (I love this color, can't get enough of it, I always use it as my highlighter color). Then of course add your finishing touches, eye liner, mascara, then dust the underneath your lower water line with the same colors you used for the look. When I am using bright colors like this i try not to go overboard with thick eye liner because I want to showcase the colors. For my eye liner I used Mary Kay in Black (same for my eye brows) and my mascara I used L'Oreal's Volumnious in Carbon Black. Voila! You're done!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think? I would love to hear your thoughts =)