Molasses Cookies: Makes about 2 dozen (depending on how much dough you use to form a ball).
3/4 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar (or white sugar, but I prefer brown sugar in these cookies)
1/4 cup Molasses
2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 cup white sugar for dusting
- In a large bowl, melt the butter and mix in brown sugar (or white sugar) and 1 egg. Beat until smooth.
- Stir Molasses into the butter mixture.
- In another bowl combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves and ginger.
- Stir in the Molasses mixture into the flour mixture until combined. (here is where I added another 1/4 cup of flour because I felt the dough was a little too sticky.)
- Cover dough and chill for about an hour.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Lightly grease cookie sheet with some Pam spray. ( I didn't do this but I should have because my cookies stuck to my cookie sheet, so from experience, I would lightly grease the cookie sheet.)
- Roll dough into a ball the size of a walnut, or larger, whatever your preference may be.
- Roll the balls into the 1/2 cup of sugar and place onto cookie sheet.
Here you can choose to flatten your ball of dough a little bit. I chose not to because I like my cookies a little bit thicker and chewier. I also didn't roll all of my ball of dough into the extra white sugar, instead I baked the cookies and then dusted them with powdered sugar. Bake the cookies for about 8-10 minutes, add a little more time if you want to have crunchier cookies, or shorten the time if you want to have chewier cookies.
Hope ya'll enjoy! More recipe's to come.