Monday, October 4, 2010

Winter Baking

Who loves the Fall/Winter seasons?? ME!! I love all the fall smells and colors and love all the winter desserts. On that note, I decided to put up a recipe for some Molasses Cookies. I found this recipe online but had to tweak it a little bit to my liking.

Molasses Cookies: Makes about 2 dozen (depending on how much dough you use to form a ball).


3/4 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar (or white sugar, but I prefer brown sugar in these cookies)
1 Egg
1/4 cup Molasses
2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground ginger

1/2 cup white sugar for dusting

- In a large bowl, melt the butter and mix in brown sugar (or white sugar) and 1 egg. Beat until smooth.
- Stir Molasses into the butter mixture.
- In another bowl combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves and ginger.
- Stir in the Molasses mixture into the flour mixture until combined. (here is where I added another 1/4 cup of flour because I felt the dough was a little too sticky.)
- Cover dough and chill for about an hour.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Lightly grease cookie sheet with some Pam spray. ( I didn't do this but I should have because my cookies stuck to my cookie sheet, so from experience, I would lightly grease the cookie sheet.)
-  Roll dough into a ball the size of a walnut, or larger, whatever your preference may be.
- Roll the balls into the 1/2 cup of sugar and place onto cookie sheet.
Here you can choose to flatten your ball of dough a little bit. I chose not to because I like my cookies a little bit thicker and chewier. I also didn't roll all of my ball of dough into the extra white sugar, instead I baked the cookies and then dusted them with powdered sugar. Bake the cookies for about 8-10 minutes, add a little more time if you want to have crunchier cookies, or shorten the time if you want to have chewier cookies.

Hope ya'll enjoy! More recipe's to come.

Molasses Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think? I would love to hear your thoughts =)