Monday, February 7, 2011

Coronado Clammin'

My parents invited us to go clam digging with them on Saturday, so we got a bunch of our friends to go and took the kids with us. We went to Coronado Beach and of course the water was freezing since it is February. I think we were the only ones in the water and I honestly didn't think we would be waist high in the water. Next time we go we will go prepared with more towels and shovels and pitch forks. For some reason my parents and their friends, the OG's as we like to call them, always like to lie to us. They told us to just bring the kids' toy shovels and that we didn't really need to bring anything. When we get there the men were all in the water with pitch forks and regular shovels. I was like what the heck, how rude lol. Always lying to us!

Even though the water was freezing cold, it was fun and everyone had a great time, and I think we are going back this Saturday. When we got back to my parents house, we opened some up, cleaned them and barbecued them with some butter, fresh minced garlic, black pepper and my home made pepper ginger sauce. I chopped up the harder parts of the clam and my friend Rose made ceviche out of it and it was delicious! I totally forgot to take a picture of the ceviche =(. Anyway, pictures are below, I know they aren't the best pictures because I took them with my iphone. I swear when I get a new camera I will take better picture.


Some of the "younger" peeps


My first giant clam!


My giant clam isn't so giant compared to this beast.


I know what you guys are thinking LOL.
But this is what it looks like opened.

Cleaned and ready to be chopped up.

Close up with butter, fresh garlic and black pepper.

Ready to be put on the BBQ grill.
<3

2 comments:

  1. John S. in San DiegoJune 15, 2011 at 12:33 PM

    I LOVE Pismo's! We normally find them at the strand, but $10 for parking? really? Where on Coronado beach were you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey John! We parked for FREE on the street. We were near Hotel Del. Make sure you have a day fishing license unless you have your regular yearly license, just get the ocean stamp on it. Because you really don't want to get fined for not having a fishing license =)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think? I would love to hear your thoughts =)