Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Nail Polish with an Eye Kandy Twist

I love nail polish! It totally gives my hand a little umph to it. Lately I have been wearing black, because black is my all time favorite color. I've tried so many different brands of nail polish, usually I grab whatever is cheap. Right now I am using this Kleancolor brand that my sister bought me, and let me tell you, it works pretty good. I use 2 coats and its perfect! I don't really use a base coat, I don't know why, but I just don't. For a top coat I've always used Salley Hansen's Insta-Dri Anti-Chip Top Coat. I love, love, love this top coat! It dries your nails so fast, and stays on for 1-2 weeks. I say 1-2 weeks because it really depends on what you do with your hands, for example, if your washing dishes a lot of course your nail polish will more than likely last you only about a week. Now, if you had acrylic over your nails and then put nail polish on, your nail polish will last you a good 3-4 weeks. I have the tools at home to do my own acrylic, but it just takes so long and I hate the smell of the nail liquid. I mean I love acrylic nails, I just don't have a whole lot of time to do them myself anymore, and I don't have the cash to keep up with them every two weeks or so at the nail salon. So for a more cheaper route, I chose nail polish.

Today I had a little bit of time to paint one hand and do an "Easter" Twist, as I call it. Of course I used black as my base color and then I added the Eye Kandy Sprinkles Glitter for a little bit of fun. You can do any design you want, I just went for diagonal lines, then add your clear top coat and Voila! Pretty sparkly and festive nails. I know I didn't do a perfect job, but it beats going to the salon and having to pay $2.00 extra for a design, not to mention the $20.00 manicure. Don't get me wrong I love going to the nail salon, but when you're out of time or cash, its funner and cheaper to do it yourself.  Sorry if it's all messy, but you get the idea.Check it out below.

"Easter" Twist

Sprinkles Glitter Colors: 
Double Bubble - Pink
Tiny  Tart - Purple
Green - Pixie Stick
Hard Candy - Blue

Eye Kandy Sprinkles Glitter, Liquid Sugar and Large Brush

Love the Insta-Dri from Sally Hansen


<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think? I would love to hear your thoughts =)